How to quickly get a snapshot of the Heimdal DB file

Roland C. Dowdeswell Roland.Dowdeswell at twosigma.com
Sun Apr 2 19:44:05 CEST 2017

On Sat, Apr 01, 2017 at 04:59:56PM -0700, Adam Lewenberg wrote:

> I am looking for a quick way to get a snapshot of the Kerberos
> database file.

In addition to the other methods suggested already, you could just:

	$ kadmin -l dump <file>

which can be later loaded with:

	$ kadmin -l load <file>

Or one could even grep the entries out that you wish to restore and pass
them to:

	$ kadmin -l merge <file>

if, say, you wanted to revert some entries to the dump file that you
created using the cronjob that we all generally have in place.

--
    Roland C. Dowdeswell