Are non-FILE credential caches supported?

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at symas.com
Thu Mar 15 16:15:18 CET 2018

--On Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:55 AM +0000 Marcin Cieslak
<saper at saper.info> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> There is a bug report (https://github.com/heimdal/heimdal/issues/355)
> saying that using FILE: credential cache designator does not work.
> Interestingly enough, it works for me (FreeBSD 11.1, heimdal 7.5.0 from
> FreeBSD ports).

No, that's not what it says.  What's being discussed there is this setting:

"default_ccache_name"

which is what shows up in RHEL7's krb5.conf, because that's MIT's variable
for setting the cache.  When you're using Heimdal on a RHEL7 system, you
then get the problems I described.  As noted in the title of the bug
report, this is an MIT/Heimdal interop issue.

Generally, I'd suspect that Heimdal should treat default_ccache_name as
equivalent to default_cc_name.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount